Posts tagged progress
Posts tagged progress
Also during the weekend i visited the parents and fit my dad into his Army of Light uniform, and was able to chalk in the locations to remove excess material and mark where the trim belongs. It’s a very weird uniform design in how it closes, but I’m looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
Some Marcus progress!
Found some awesome plastic-y fabric that had the right quilting pattern to make the sash/belt, then didn’t buy enough double-fold bias tape to add the edges (I’ll be rectifying that tomorrow).
My brother is very tall, so during the weekend I made a muslin mock-up for the tunic, both seen below. Since we’re going to be in Atlanta, we opted out of making the full floor-length jacket, and created a bib for the dark brown undershirt. He’ll still have to wear a long sleeve black shirt, but both of these overlayers are natural fabrics, which should help with trying to stay cool.
Tomorrow night I’m heading to Rifftrax Live: Starship Troopers with some friends. It won’t exactly be live because it’ll be time-delayed by an hour or something, but it’ll be in a theatre and with friends. So yay that :D
I don’t know how or why my post last night got eaten, but here it is again.
So far this week I’ve been doing a lot of sleeve and fit work on the Army of Light jackets. I love lining items because it gives the clothing a nice weight, even though you have to make the same thing twice.
The past couple weekends I’ve been procuring stones, clay, metal, and wire so expect some jewelry progress soon :)
Forgive the lack of photos for my progress this weekend. Not much has changed at a glance, but I have been getting fitting work done on Delenn. We also went to a beading store to start getting supplies for the jewelry. Tomorrow after work I’m going to another bead store to hopefully find some more.
I also got my dad into his jacket for a fit… and of course it was freaking huge on him. Patterns seem very rarely to fit well. I’m going to have to take off the sleeves and remove material before attempting to fit it on him again. Thankfully the Army of Light uniform doesn’t require a close fit like Shepard’s jacket.
I must be a bit crazy. I couldn’t find the trim I wanted for the Army of Light uniforms, so I decided to make my own. Blue ribbon on silver, using silver thread in a geometric pattern. It’s a bit crinkly and I haven’t made enough yet, but I’m really happy with how it’s coming out overall.
After using this sewing machine for years, I finally learned how to change the thread pattern!
Fitted! Also, completed the first step to adding the border. I found that I managed to get just the right amount of the pink cloth for the border.
Super-loose for now. I’m going to see a play with my parents on Saturday, when I’ll be able to fit it better.
I know it’s not much, but sleeves! Still need to whip-stitch the bias tape down and stay-stitch the sleeve borders to the main structure. Also need to hem the bottom, but I don’t want to do that until I have it on mom. In other news, the additional fabric for the outer layer arrived. Now to get that started…